Main Article Content
The workshop was organised by the Noordin Sopiee Chair in Global Studies at Penang’s Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
The speakers were:
- Professor Chandra Muzaffar (USM) and International Movement for a Just World (JUST)) – “Faith and Power; Power as a Sacred Trust”
- Professor Wang Gungwu (National University of Singapore) – “Power and Faith in China: Past and Present”
- Professor Kim Yong-Bock (Hanil University, Wanju, South Korea) – “Faith and Power from a Christian Perspective on Liberation”
- Professor Chaiwat Satha-Anand (Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand) – “Understanding the Effects of Violence on Faith: a Spectacle Perspective on Southern Violence, Thailand”
- Swami Agnivesh (Arya Samaj scholar and Hindu activist, India) – “Faith and Power” and
- Professor Suwanna Satha-Anand (Thammasat University) – “Wisdom and the Power of Faith in Theravada Buddhism.”
Significant Speeches and Events
Copyright and permissions: Authors of articles assign their rights to IAIS Malaysia and will receive a Copyright Assignment Form for signature upon the acceptance of the article for publication. Contributors are responsible for obtaining any permission needed to make use, in both print or electronic media, of extensive quotations, photographs or other illustrations in which they do not hold copyright and for ensuring that the appropriate acknowledgements are included in their manuscripts.